Do you have:
- Precious old family photographs which are fragile and you’d like to share and archive?
- Negatives from the family album which tell unknown stories?
- Digital images which would benefit from editing and enhancing?
Family photographs hold dear memories for many, and offer a glimpse into family and social history at a particular moment in time. Old photographic prints are however, often in fragile condition and not able to be readily shared with today’s fragmented family and social networks and digital images are vulnerable to technological change and could be better optimised for future use.
Come along to the Photo Fix It Café!
Our team of technical experts will work with you to scan and copy your images to high resolution, repairing and restoring for future generations to enjoy.
Please bring along up to 3:
- Family photographs prints or
- Negatives or
- Digital images (on USB, CD or mobile phone (if they can be emailed)
Photo Fix-It Café is programmed in conjunction with ‘Sunderland ’73: The People’s Visual History’ project which seeks to elevate and celebrate fans’ own photographs, hand-made mementoes and memorabilia as important social and cultural heritage.
The event is supported by National Lottery Heritage Fund, thanks to players of the National Lottery and University of Sunderland.