Amber Collective and Side Gallery, Newcastle, Impressions Gallery, Bradford, LOOK: Liverpool International Photography Festival, North East Photography Network (NEPN), Sunderland, Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool and Redeye, the Photography Network, Manchester have joined forces to work together with aims to increase knowledge of fundraising and build extra income for each organisation.
All consortium members have a long history of formal and informal collaboration; most of the members have worked together over the years on shared exhibitions, shared talks and events. All bring their own area of expertise and specialism and all are bound together by their commitment to promoting and sharing photography locally, regionally nationally and internationally.
The Northern Photography Consortium has a broad reach and includes galleries offering exhibitions, membership organisations offering training and support, an international festival and a unique photographic collective. At the heart of each is the desire to explore, experiment and share people’s stories from across the globe in projects that stimulate and inspire both photographers and audiences.
The Catalyst award will enable the consortium to be radical in their thinking about how they fundraise both individually and collectively. This award will enable them to make a shift in their individual funding models and adopt entrepreneurial approaches to income generation.
Areas of activity will include:
- Identifying potential regional, national and international major sponsors who have an interest in photography.
- Developing innovative events and opportunities for potential sponsors
- Building new individual and corporate membership schemes
- Buying in of specialist fundraisers to work with each organisation, offering training and skills
- Sharing of ideas and knowledge
- Tapping into the potential of social media and digital technology
The National Media Museum (NMeM) will work with the Northern Photography Consortium to advise and support the group.
For more information see the Redeye website HERE